thoughtballoons – Mephisto B-Sides – Track 2
Here’s another lurid tale of the red man downstairs that I did up for thoughtballoons but didn’t feel quite made muster. I like the script but it felt like more of an Emma Frost piece than it did for Mephisto. A man of his stature should stand a little taller in his saddle so I shelved this one. Though, I do look forward to someone selecting Emma Frost as a character at some stage, I know she’s made my shortlist. But until we do select her make sure to check out the site and read the awesome scripts from everyone else.
So, again, here’s another slice of Mephisto from my mind in a tale called ‘ Hold Onto Your Pieces’.
1. Mephisto is looking at someone, he is interested but playing it cool. He is perched in a throne made of teeth, lots and lots of teeth.
Mephisto: Give me one good reason why?
2. Emma Frost is standing in front of Mephisto. She looks a tad less whorish, a jacket covers most of the flesh we usually get easy access to.
Frost: You think I can’t read your mind? You think I don’t know the pedestrian thoughts that rattle around your brain just like any other man?
3. Mephisto smiles.
Mephisto: Are you saying…?
Frost: Oh, God, not at all. Never, in fact, but it still doesn’t make you any less weak in front of me.
4. Emma leans up in Mephisto’s face, her hands on the arms of his tooth throne.
Frost: I’m saying you should do it because they’re not worth it anymore.
Frost: Humans…pah, barely worth the effort to feed and yet they’re all you have.
5. Emma stands up, right in front of Mephisto, finally using her sexuality, her hands on her hips holding her jacket open, finally.
Frost: I think you should do it because you seriously need to let go.
6. Mephisto smirks up at Emma, he’s openly just looking at her body.
Mephisto: I figure I’ll keep them all. You never know, hey. Better to have them and not need them than…
Frost: Yes, I know the adage.
Frost: Very well then. Continue to be the hoarder of the next world.
7. Frost is already walking away and Mephisto has turned to one soul chained next to him.
Mephisto: How interesting? Pray tell me, Cynthia, why would Miss Frost want you so bad? What don’t I know about, yet?