thoughtballoons – The Joker – B-Side
It’s The Joker week over at thoughtballoons and I have published a great little script that seemed the creepiest way I could write him. I was very happy to put that script up but it wasn’t the first one I wrote. I had an idea, a few weeks ago actually (before I knew Joker was coming up as a charcater), and I wrote it into the notes on my iPhone. I fleshed it out in full and it was about half an hour later that I got my better idea. Here it is.
The Joker – With A Little Help From My Friends – Ryan K Lindsay
1. Superman chokes and stumbles within a green cloud within a room.
Joker(op): What are you going to do, ya super-chump?
2. Joker cackles maniacally opposite Superman. In the swirls of the green mist we can see some of the Joker’s laughter represented as misty green HA’s.
Joker: You’re a man of action but action takes energy, energy takes breath, and here you’ll only find Kryptonite gas!
3. Superman uses his mega-breath to blow all of the green mist out the windows, shattering them in the process.
4. Superman has grabbed Joker by the throat.
Joker: I don’t think you want to do that. Not when you’ve just destroyed this city.
Joker: You didn’t want to take any of the gas in, did you? You knew it had powdered Kryptonite in it and so you missed my other special ingredient.
5. Superman is looking out the window with shock on his face, the Joker is smoothing his suit jacket and smiling behind him.
Joker: Superman, you just spread my favourite new drug right across the city.
Joker: Perhaps you should go down there and take a look at the glee I’m spreading, thanks to you.
It’s a much more Silver Age type idea, fun, but not as good as the one I posted. I don’t think, anyway. Hope you enjoyed it.
Posted on December 29th, 2010 by ryan
Filed under: thoughtballoons